So even though it’s Saturday, I typed this post up yesterday so just go with me that it’s Friday, yeah?? Also, happy Saturday! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
I’m enjoying a fresh cup of Peet’s anniversary blend while I finish up editing this post, before I dive into some studying today. After the storms this week some sunshine this morning was very welcomed!
1) First of all, I only have about 3 more weeks left in this semester! Come May 1 I’ll be halfway through nursing school (um, what?!) and I honestly will be so happy to see the end of this semester. Academically it was a lot tougher than the first semester and I had to seriously prioritize where I spent my time. You can’t do it all so you pick your battles and thankfully my grades, while not as great as last semester, so far have been pretty good. And, my parents asked if I wanted to come home for a weekend in May when I have time off, which means I will be getting to see my family and babies for a couple days. Oh and celebrate the fact that my brother Jay is officially a CPA which is no small feat!
2) I’ve been bullet journaling since around January, and even bought one of these nice Leuchtterm 1917 journals to use, but didn’t want to start using it since it was my legit “fancy” bullet journal (I previously had just been using an extra notebook I had lying around). Eventually I got over not wanting to mess it up – which is a ridiculous thought anyway – and started using it this month. I have to say, having a nice journal with dots and not lines has been seriously the best. I basically just follow most of the stuff from the bullet journal website with a few changes for my formatting. Pretty much everything goes in my bullet journal, from my to-do list to daily events to how I’m feeling on a certain day. If y’all would like a whole separate post on this, let me know! I think my favorite part has been creating a habit tracker to track my progress with things that I can do to make each day more enjoyable and healthier. I also have been writing down daily gratitudes and in addition to writing them each day, I write them on my monthly page. This lets me look back at them all in one place and see just how much I have to be thankful for even when I have a tough day.
This is what my habit tracker looks like for the month! I love the colors and that the dots in the journal I have make it super easy to do whatever you want with the space. (Can we also discuss how amazing pilot G2 0.5 pens are?! Gosh I love them so much. And also am the world’s biggest dork.)
3) I’ve been listening to so much good music lately! Betty Who came out with a new album (workout jams for daysss) and I’ve been loving this 8tracks volume from Walker Hayes. There’s something about his sound that is just so catchy. Also, this song by Old Dominion has been one of my favorites lately.
4) I’ve been ob.sessed. with these align pants from lululemon lately. I have two black pairs that I got last year, but only recently got these olive-ish green ones. I love them because they make it look like I put a slight amount of effort into looking presentable but really I’m basically still wearing pajamas. Winning! Also, looking at these pictueres I can’t believe how much longer my hair has gotten since I last chopped it off! Here’s hoping I can survive a Georgia summer while still growing it out… haha.
5) I hope you have the best weekend!!
And with that, I’m back to studying pharmacology! Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel of this semester – only a few more tests and a paper, then finals, stand in the way of a two week break.
Thanks for spending a bit of time with me in this space today ❤
Tell me something great about your weekend!